The AT4053b Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone from Audio-Technica features a professional-quality shotgun design, suitable for field and studio use. It consists of the company's AT4900b-48 microphone body and AT4053b-EL hypercardioid head capsule, providing a hypercardioid pickup pattern for minimizing off-axis noise and improving the isolation of your desired sound source. The microphone's internal transformerless circuitry reduces distortion and provides correlation of high-speed transients. There is a direct-coupled balanced output for a clean signal under high-output conditions and a strong turned-brass housing for durability. A switchable high-pass filter reduces low frequency noise, and a -10 dB pad picks up loud sound sources. The package includes a microphone stand clamp, a windscreen, and carrying case.
Separately sold interchangeable head capsules with different pickup patterns are available.
- For professional recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement applications
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry minimizes low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Turned-brass microphone housing for durability
- RoHS compliant