The Universal Audio Apollo x6 is a rack-mountable Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with real-time UAD processing designed for high-resolution recording and mixing for musicians, producers, and audio engineers in mobile production rigs and studios of any size. Delivering the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording with low noise and wide dynamic range, the interface combines versatile inputs and outputs, a robust plug-in bundle, and 50% more DSP than earlier Apollos. Additionally, its switchable headroom setting facilitates proper level-matching with a variety of audio equipment.
Designed to perform a central role in a modern studio, the Apollo x6 offers digital resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz, plus an array of analog and digital I/O. The interface features two microphone preamps with Unison integration for UAD emulations of classic analog preamps, two 1/4" Hi-Z inputs, and six 1/4" line-level inputs. Each mic preamp boasts a switchable low-cut filter, 48V phantom power, pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking. Digital I/O ports include 2-channel S/PDIF and 8-channel ADAT with support for S/MUX. Word clock I/O is provided on BNC jacks.
The built-in HEXA Core processing utilizes six DSP chips to enable monitoring and recording audio using classic analog emulations with near-zero latency. The included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle empowers you with 16 plug-ins ranging from compressors and EQs to virtual guitar/bass amps and time-based processors. The included Console application provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings including channel-strip presets, drag-and-drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows. Core Audio and Windows drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more.
The Apollo x6 offers a comprehensive monitor section with talkback functionality and dedicated front-panel controls for Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono functions, as well as input and output metering capabilities. In addition to the dedicated stereo monitor feed and dual headphone outputs, six 1/4" outputs are available for connection to power amps, active monitors, or an analog mixer. A total of four Apollos and six total UAD devices can be combined, allowing Thunderbolt users the ability to expand their I/O and DSP. The two Thunderbolt 3 ports are backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via a qualified adapter (available separately).
- Track, overdub, and mix with high-resolution A/D-D/A conversion and DSP-powered plug-ins
- Selectable operating level of +20 dBu or +24 dBu
- Integrated talkback and cues for easy communication and slate functionality
- Built-in multichannel monitor controller with assignable dim or mono mode
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and controls
- Occupies 1 RU of rack space
- 16 x 22 audio interface with two Unison-enabled microphone preamps, providing emulations of classic analog preamps with near-zero latency
- Two front-panel 1/4" Hi-Z inputs for direct connection of guitars, basses, or keyboards
- 6 x 6 analog line-level I/O via 1/4" jacks
- Stereo 1/4" monitor output and two independent 1/4" headphone outputs, each with dedicated level control
- Line outputs may be used for alternate monitor outputs
- 2-channel S/PDIF I/O on RCA coaxial jacks
- TOSLINK optical ports for ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX)
- BNC word clock I/O with selectable 75-Ohm termination
- Combine up to four Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and six total UAD devices for expanded I/O and DSP
- Backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via qualified adapter (available separately)
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.