Sennheiser EW-DX SKM Digital Wireless Handheld Transmitter with MMD 835 Capsule (R1-9: 520 to 607 MHz) / #509427.
The Sennheiser EW-DX SKM is a digital handheld wireless transmitter/mic compatible with EW-DX wireless receivers. Well suited for a wide range of professional performance and presentation applications, the transmitter features an MMD 835 dynamic capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern that focuses audio capture on the talent in front of the mic capsule, helping to minimize noise and feedback. Lightweight and comfortable for performers and presenters to hold, the transmitter features a rugged, all-metal housing built to withstand daily use on stage.
- With a remarkable 134 dB dynamic range on its input, the EW-DX SKM can handle a wide variety of sound sources, including loud vocalists and performers, all without requiring any gain adjustment. A trim control allows you to adjust the level for group performances.
- The included MMD 835 capsule is a dynamic capsule with a cardioid polar pattern that rejects off axis sound, helping to focus audio capture on the presenter or performer and reducing feedback issues when monitor speakers are used.
- The e-Ink display helps you quickly name and identify the transmitter and allows you to see parameters, even when the unit is powered off.
- The transmitter provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries (included) or 12 hours with a BA 70 lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (available separately). External charging ports allow for in-transmitter charging using the CHG 70N network charging dock (available separately).
- Bluetooth allows you to quickly pair the transmitter and receiver with the press of a button at a distance up to 120'.
- The EW-DX system utilizes an equidistant tuning grid that equally spaces 3480 frequencies across its wide 87 MHz bandwidth to prevent disruptive intermodulation issues that occur when multiple transmitters operate in confined spaces.
- The system can be expanded with multiple transmitters and receivers to offer up to 146 channels in equidistant tuning grid mode, and up to 293 channels in Link Density mode.
Compatible Microphone Capsules
- The EW-DX SKM offers an interchangeable capsule design that allows you to substitute the included MMD 835 capsule with a variety of optional dynamic and condenser mic capsules, with pickup patterns ranging from wide omnidirectional to narrow supercardioid—capsules include the MMD 845, MME 865, MMD 935, MMD 945, MMD 42, MM 435, MM 445, ME 9004, MD 5235, ME 5004, and Neumann KK204 to name a few.