Our classic multichannel preamplifier.
For more than a decade, DigiMax™-series preamp/converters have been relied on in countless recording studios worldwide. Based on our highly lauded XMAX™ Class A solid-state preamp, the DigiMax D8 has become a classic, offering eight of these prized preamps—enough to raise your entire studio rig to a higher level. And thanks to its eight-channel, 24-bit ADAT Optical output, the DigiMax D8 provides an excellent front end or expander for ADAT Optical-equipped digital-audio devices, such as our AudioBox 1818VSL, Studio 192, and Studio 192 Mobile audio/MIDI interfaces.
A good microphone preamp boosts a mic’s level to almost 400 times that of the original signal, making the preamp one of the most important stages in an audio system. A cheap, off-the-shelf, op-amp-type mic preamp delivers thin, noisy, harsh results. In contrast, PreSonus XMAX™ microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound. With XMAX preamps, your system’s sound quality is limited only by the microphone you plug in.
The right analog I/O makes the D8 a versatile front end.
Its complement of inputs and outputs makes the DigiMax D8 a versatile front end for virtually any system. Two convenient front-panel instrument inputs let you plug in guitars, bypassing the mic inputs. All other connections are in the rear, keeping the wiring out of your face. With eight XLR mic/line inputs, you can plug in virtually any mic- or line-level sound source. Eight ¼-inch, balanced, direct channel outputs allow you to add preamps to devices with line-level inputs or split the mic preamps between two devices.
Expand via ADAT Optical and record the whole band.
Eight-channel, 24-bit, 44.1/48 kHz ADAT Optical (“Lightpipe”) output makes the DigiMax D8 an excellent way to add more analog inputs to any third-party, Lightpipe-equipped digital-audio device. Better yet, add a DigiMax D8 to a Lightpipe-equipped PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL for a 2-rackspace rig with 16 XMAX-equipped recording channels—enough to record an entire live band. To keep your digital audio in sync with ultra-low jitter, the D8 receives word clock at its BNC connection and sends word clock via ADAT Optical.
?Careful, it’s loaded!
The DigiMax D8 is a proven solution for adding eight professional microphone preamplifiers to any digital recording system. You can easily integrate it into your studio, thanks to plentiful I/O, variable trim control for each preamp, 48V phantom power (switchable in odd-even pairs), fast-acting LED metering, and a 20 dB pad. And you’ll love its sound!
- 2 unbalanced ¼” instrument inputs (front panel; bypass Ch. 1 and 2 mic inputs)
- 8 balanced rear-panel XMAX mic preamps
- 1 BNC word-clock input
- 8 balanced ¼” direct outputs (1 per channel)
- 1 ADAT Lightpipe optical digital output (8 channels)
- Meters, Controls, and Features
- Individual channel-trim controls with -4 dB to +50 dB gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in pairs)
- -20 dB pad on every channel
- 4-segment, fast-acting LED input meter
- Clock source (sets clock to external or internal with 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rate)
- Professional-quality AD converters (+107 dBu dynamic range)
- ADAT Lightpipe digital output: 8 channels at 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz internal sampling rate
- Word-clock master via ADAT Lightpipe or slave to external word clock
- Internal power supply with standard IEC connector
- 1U rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.