The Mackie Onyx Artist 1·2 is an interface designed to let you record audio to your computer, and to monitor that audio as well. With its Onyx microphone preamp, single XLR input, and 1/4" input switchable between line-level signal and Hi-Z instrument impedance, the unit is suitable for singer-songwriters, podcasters, content creators, and others who want a mobile setup for recording their own projects. In your own project studio, you'll be able to connect to your monitors by means of the 1/4" jacks located on the rear of the unit.
The interface is relatively lightweight at 1.1 lb and provides a 1/4" headphone output, so you can take it with you wherever you go. Mackie's rugged steel chassis hardware design aids in this endeavor, giving you a robust, roadworthy chassis for the circuitry inside. Should you monitor through headphones, a direct monitor switch is provided, which mitigates any latency as you record your audio. The unit is designed to connect to your Mac or Windows computer over USB, and is bus-powered by the host computer.
All-Metal Enclosure Design
Key Features at a Glance
- Onyx mic preamp
- +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics
- 1/4" TRS input with Hi-Z switch for connecting a guitar, bass, or keyboard
- 2x2 interface with recording up to 24-bit / 192 kHz resolution
- Zero-latency direct analog monitoring of inputs
- Dedicated 1/4" TRS outputs for connecting studio monitors
- Bus-powered for easy mobile recording
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- All-metal enclosure design to survive day-to-day abuse
- 1/4" headphone output
- Compatible with all major DAWs on Mac or Windows
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.