The KORG Nu:Tekt NTS-1 Digital Programmable Synthesizer Kit is an easy-to-build DIY instrument that packs a powerful punch in the palm of your hand. The kit includes a screwdriver and requires no soldering for assembly. There is a 3-character display, three knobs (Type, A, and B), and dedicated buttons for each section of the synth engine (OSC, Filter, EG, Mod, Delay, Reverb). A built-in ribbon controller and USB bus power allows you to play the NTS-1 almost anywhere. The rear panel features a 3.5mm MIDI input, allowing the unit to be played and MIDI synchronized with other sequencers and MIDI controllers. The rear panel also offers 3.5mm sync I/O, a 3.5mm audio input, and the USB port for power and data transfer. The front of the NTS-1 includes a dedicated 3.5mm headphone output, which disables the onboard speaker.
The NTS-1 features a digital oscillator inspired by the MULTI engine found on KORG's acclaimed prologue and minilogue xd synthesizers. The main oscillator produces sawtooth, triangle, square, and VMP waveforms. Additionally, the engine can load custom oscillators created from KORG's logue-SDK, allowing for a near infinite amount of sonic possibilities. The multimode filter features a variety of selections including low-pass 2/4 pole, hi-pass 2/4 pole, bandpass 2/4 pole, and open, all with resonance. Further shape your sound with the envelope generator (EG) and three LFOs.
Three onboard effects units are also inspired by minilogue xd, which feature numerous reverbs, modulation effects, and delays that are available to blend and edit at will. A well-spec'd arpeggiator offers scales and numerous note orders for creating new and original ideas on the fly. The pattern length can be adjusted (from 1 to 24 steps), and when synced externally, the step duration can also be adjusted (16th to 64th notes).
The NTS-1 is USB bus powered and can also use a standard 5V USB power pack for portable applications. The NTS-1 includes a KORG software bundle, which features a variety of music software apps including Izotope's Ozone Elements, Skoove, an app to help you improve your keyboard playing skills, and Propellerhead's Reason Lite DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands. A USB cable is included along with everything you need to build the kit.
- DIY kit is easily assembled with the included screwdriver (no soldering)
- Built-in ribbon controller
- Digital oscillator inspired by the MULTI engine found on the prologue and minilogue XD
- Multimode filter
- Envelope generator
- Three LFOs
- Advanced arpeggiator with multiple rages, scales, and modes
- Three stereo effects: Spatial, modulation and delay, each with multiple settings
- Compatible with logue-SDK for running custom oscillator and effect content available for minilogue xd, prologue, or create your own
- 3.5mm stereo audio input and output
- 3.5mm stereo sync input and output
- 3.5mm MIDI input (adapter sold separately)
- USB port for power and data connect
- Includes music software bundle with Izotope Ozone Elements, Skoove, Reason Lite, and more