Featured Product Videos
Mutant Brain, from Hexinverter, is designed to be the nexus of a eurorack modular synthesizer system. Its inherently configurable nature maximizes its versatility, giving users plenty of options for different applications. In addition to playing nicely with other modules, Mutant Brain can be integrated with Hexinverter's Mutant Drums line to produce a dynamic drum configuration unlike anything else out there.
Much more than a traditional sequencer or MIDI to CV converter, Mutant Brain provides razor-sharp precision in tandem with simple and expedient programming protocol. Where traditional MIDI to CV devices implement MIDI-learn technology, Mutant Brain uses a SysEx file created from a web form. After loading the patch the module will behave as programmed until the user makes further changes via web form. At this point, the module is ready to play with an external MIDI sequencer; however, its multiple outputs and vast configurability enable it to do much more than that. With Mutant Brain, users can achieve a keyboard patch with note velocity, send LFOs and notes, four-note polyphony, and more.
- Compact and configurable MIDI module
- Édition Noire black & gold faceplate
- Translates MIDI information to trigger, gate, polyphonic cv, and more
- Standard 5-pin MIDI socket input
- 4 3.5mm CV outputs (A - D)
- 12 3.5mm gate outputs (1 - 12)
- Infinitely configurable via MIDI SysEx file
- All changes made via MIDI
- Single button for easy operation
- 18 LED indicators