Featured Product Videos
Double ribbon microphone (hypercardioid)
- Instrumental miking such as saxophone
- Miking of drums (toms, hi-hat)
- MS-stereophony with M 130
beyerdynamic is one of few microphone manufacturers world-wide that still produce ribbon microphones.
A classic one is the M 160, a dynamic double ribbon microphone. Featuring a hypercardioid polar pattern with a noise attenuation of 25 dB at 110°, the M 160 is an outstanding microphone which is very effective for all types of remote and in-studio voice reproduction. In the recording studio, the M 160 is recommended for miking string instruments such as violins, violas, cellos and for pianos, saxophones as well as for hi-hat and toms.
The non-glare black surface of the M 160 and its small dimensions allow the unobtrusive use in TV or film studios. In conjunction with the M 130 dynamic double ribbon microphone the M 160 is ideal for stereo recordings in MS technique.
- Unique double ribbon microphone transducer
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Extended frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and rugged design
- Warm and natural sound