Featured Product Videos
The result of Japanese craftsmanship and expert engineering, the ATH-ADX5000 Hi-Res Audio headphones set a new standard in open-back headphone performance. The headphones utilize newly developed Core Mount Technology that optimally positions the driver unit within the housing to improve airflow efficiency. The efficient airflow helps the headphones reproduce highly transparent mid and high frequencies and rich, precise bass sound. The 58 mm integrated driver units combine a tungsten-coated diaphragm, baffle and Permendur magnetic circuit in a single unit to reduce unwanted vibration and, since no screw clamps are required, decrease the weight. The baffle is made of a highly-rigid polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)/glass fiber composite to provide stable diaphragm movement.
The housings of the ATH-ADX5000 have a honeycomb-punched design that keeps the housing face open to ventilation, while closing off the sides. This design delivers an accurate, natural sound, but prevents air pressure loss that can negatively affect sound quality. The frame is constructed of strong, lightweight magnesium; the earpads and headband are fashioned from Alcantara, a material known for its extreme durability and comfort.
The ATH-ADX5000 headphones come with a detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and a 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug for connecting to devices. Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case.
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- 58 mm integrated driver units utilize a Permendur magnetic circuit with exceptional magnetic characteristics
- Japanese craftsmanship: Each housing is carefully hand assembled in Tokyo
- Tungsten-coated diaphragm provides high rigidity for an improved transient response
- Integrated driver unit design combines diaphragm, voice coil, baffle and magnet in single unit to reduce unwanted vibration
- Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case
- Newly developed Core Mount Technology places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- Magnesium frame results in rigid, thin, lightweight construction
- New honeycomb-punched housing design blocks side ventilation to prevent undesirable air pressure loss
- Luxurious Alcantara material used on earpads and headband, providing amazing comfort and durability
- Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug