Featured Product Videos
The QCD Expander adds lots of functionality to the Quad Clock distributor like an attenuator, an inverted output with three different operation modes and a pulse width/delay control. With the expander the QCD will generate non-linear sequences, self-evlovong rhythms, swing/shuffle patterns, humanizing and randomness
The QCD Expander is an expansion module for the Quad Clock Distributor (QCD). The QCD Expander adds a host of features, turning the QCD into a programmatic non-linear sequencer. Each channel gets a CV Trigger Delay (Pulse Width) jack and knob, an additional output jack with three selectable modes, and attenuverters for all CV input jacks. Self-patched evolving rhythms and swing/shuffle patterns are easily obtained, as well as complete control over standard rhythmic patterns.
- Connects to QCD module with a 16-conductor ribbon cable (included)
- More features are added to each QCD channel:
- Multi-mode output jack INV OUT mirrors the tempo of main QCD output
- Mode Switch for each INV OUT jack:
- Delayed Trigger Mode
- Inverted Gate Mode
- Shuffle Mode (delayed + original trigger)
- PW/Delay knob controls trigger delay time on INV OUT jack (or pulse width in Inverted Gate Mode)
- Also controls Pulse Width of main QCD OUT jack
- CV input jack for external control
- Attenuverter allows for one channel to precisely modulate another channel's delay or pulse width
- Div/Mult CV attenuator knob
- Controls how much the signal on the main QCD's Div/Mult CV jack will modulate the tempo
- Useful for precisely modulating the speed of one channel with another
- Global LED brightness can be adjusted from the front panel
The QCD Expander is 12HP and 0.98" (25mm) deep.
Four knobbed pots have a metal shaft and nut. Eight knobless pots are center-detent with white indicator line.
- +12V rail: 44mA max
- +5V rail: not used
- -12V rail: 30mA max