Featured Product Videos
Take music creation beyond your computer with Blackbox, a compact sampling studio with intuitive touchscreen control. It’s a complete music creation workflow—at your fingertips.
Your Own. Personal. Sampler.
Take music creation beyond your computer with blackbox, a next-generation sampling studio with intuitive touchscreen control. Record hours of audio and loops from your synths, drum machines, and other tabletop studio devices. Arrange sequences using built-in synchronization and slicing, then structure your sequences to create complete songs. Perform your compositions live and trigger one-shot samples on the fly. Blackbox makes it easy to create music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design that fits in the palm of your hand. It’s a complete music creation workflow—at your fingertips.
Reach Out, Touch Beats.
- Record, edit, resample, and sequence using a familiar touchscreen interface.
- Integrate synths, drum machines, and other devices to form your tabletop studio.
- Capture samples, arrange sequences, and create songs without using a computer.
- Get into the groove with a fast, fluid, and intuitive workflow.
- Connect external hardware via USB and MIDI to expand performance and control capabilities.
- Record and play back hours of music with an expandable microSD memory slot.
- Combine loops with different tempos using built-in synchronization and slicing.
- Perform with drum loops and samples using one-shots.
- Use granular mode to create new sounds from your existing WAV files.
- Map up to 80 samples to different key ranges for realistic sounding instruments.
- Mix down samples and route to 3 stereo outputs and the headphone jack.
- Loop samples and clips.
- Create dynamic sounds by controlling level, pitch, ADR, loop points, the granulator, effects and more using MIDI control surfaces and an internal LFO.
- Send the output of your pads through delay and reverb effects to further customize your sound.
Sequence nuanced rhythms with off grid recording and editing.
- Surprise yourself with per note probability settings in sequences.
Tap out a tempo to stay in the groove with a jam.
- Polish your final mix with a 4 band global EQ.
- Add live looping to your set with MIDI triggered recording and playback.
- Include other gear in your composition with MIDI out sequences.
- Quickly pack up all of your samples for a preset to move to another device or microSD card.
- Make music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design.
What Is Included
When you purchase blackbox, you will receive:
- one blackbox compact sampling studio
- a microSD card with blackbox firmware, about 60 presets and approximately 900 WAV files
- a USB power cable and USB power adapter with 3 international adapters
- 2 MIDI Adapters – Male 3.5mm TRS to Female 5 pin DIN, MIDI Class B standard
- a Quick Start guide to get you playing right away
Big Sound. Little Blackbox.
- Streaming support for long samples from the microSD card with a max sample size of 4 GB, which can be many hours
- 1 stereo audio input and 3 stereo audio outputs, plus stereo headphones output
- Shared pool of 16 note polyphony, with user defined polyphony limits per pad.
- 16 samples, 16 sequences and 16 song sections per preset
- Support for 1 and 2 channel WAV files with 16, 24 or 32-bit resolution at any sample rate (48kHz preferred)
- 24-bit ADC and DAC
- USB MIDI Device In and TRS MIDI In can trigger samples, notes and sequences, modulate your sound, and trigger sample recording
- TRS Clock In and Out, and TRS MIDI Out for synchronizing with additional instruments
- USB powered – can run off a USB power block or use the power adapter to plug into a wall outlet
- Dimensions: 5.5″ x 5″ x 1.25″ (14 cm x 13 cm x 3 cm)