The UR28M from Steinberg is a USB 2.0, DSP-powered digital audio interface featuring 4 inputs and 6 outputs, designed to deliver high-resolution audio. Two of the inputs consist of D-Pre microphone preamps with switchable phantom power. Hi-Z instrument inputs are also available, along with S/PDIF I/O on RCA coaxial connectors. A stereo mini input jack allows for connecting a portable audio player or other devices for use as a reference source.
Version 2 is a major firmware update from Steinberg that adds new functionality to the UR28M, such as iPad connectivity and new guitar amp simulator effects running on the DSP, as well as being bundled as VST 3 plug-ins. The update is free of charge and is available in the support area. Additionally, all registered users will be eligible for a free version of Cubase AI 7.
A single output volume knob can control the individual levels of one of three stereo output pairs, or the levels of six outputs simultaneously. Three separate monitoring mixes can be set up in the dspMixFx mixer or the included Cubase software, which are then routed to the selected outputs. Several smaller rotary knobs control signal levels of inputs 1 and 2 and the two headphone outputs.
Other controls include a Dim button for attenuating all line output signals by 20dB, along with a Mono and a Mute button for muting the selected output signal. Four-segment LED metering for the inputs and the output are also present. A USB port connects the unit to either a Mac or PC based computer, and with the included Cubase AI workstation software, recording and mixing productions can be easily achieved. Other compatible audio software can also be used.
Version 2 Firmware Update
- Guitar Amp Classics effect bundle running on DSP, allowing latency-free monitoring with guitar amp effect
- Basic FX Suite VST 3 plug-in bundle, consisting of three software components - Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, REV-X and Guitar Amp Classics
- CC mode for connectivity with the iPad (2 or later) through Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Loopback function for internet live streaming - incoming audio signals are merged to playback signal from audio playback software
- Free version of Cubase AI 7 with a set of new features available to all registered UR users
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.