Building on the success of our K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Our system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- 15” woofer; 6.5” midrange woofer; 1.75” diaphragm compression driver
- 75° conical DMT coverage
- Maximum SPL 134 dB peak
- 1000-watt Class D power modules in all models (2 × 500 W continuous)
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and ¼” inputs, and stereo RCA inputs, (three audio input sources); two direct channel outputs and single summed balanced output
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm standard (non-tilt) pole socket
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation
- Standard KW Series Features
- Inputs, Outputs and Mixing
- Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic- and line-level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KSub) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. As many as three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
- Sophisticated digital signal processing provides greater low-frequency extension while precisely protecting the woofer from over-excursion.
- Directivity Matched Transition matches the HF coverage angle to the natural coverage angle of the woofer for uniform frequency response over the entire coverage area.
- 1000 Watts
- The same state-of-the-art, light-weight Class D amplifier module powers all the K and KW Series models.
- EQ Modes
- Optimize for a specific application with the simple flip of a switch.
- Energy Management
- Automatic standby mode conserves energy and extends the life of the loudspeaker.
- LED Operation
- Switch selectable: On (power indicator) / off (dark) / limit (limiter indication)
- Remote Control
- Easy-to-use remote gain control is ideal for installed applications.
- Locking IEC Power Cable
- Help prevent unexpected interruptions.
- Mic/line and RCA inputs along with onboard mixing controls allow greater flexibility.
- Tilt-Direct™ Pole Mount
- A simple turn of the dial is all it takes to alter the vertical directivity by 7.5 degrees.
- Suspension and Mounting
- With integrated threaded inserts, KW Series is equally at home in mounted or flown applications.
- Threaded Pole
- The KW181 subwoofer comes with a threaded pole for a snug, safe fit.
- Class D
- Higher efficiency produces less heat and more sonic performance with lower overall current draw.
- QSC's Guardrail™ technology protect your loudspeakers from overexcursion. On-demand cooling fan and thermal limiting prevent overheated electronics.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.