The impact of light --- An ultra-lightweight, thin rack-mount tuner with the highest visibility of any“3D” tuning meter
Since producing the world's first rackmounted tuner, the DT-1pro which appeared in 1987, Korg has continued to produce classic models that define the era, including the DTR-1/DTR-2 in 1994 and the DTR-1000/DTR-2000 in 2002. Now in 2013, Korg unveils its latest rackmount model. The pitchblack Pro features a new 3D visual meter that's so beautiful you'll think of it as an aspect of your stage performance. The three-dimensional expression of light delivers an unprecedentedly visual element. Although it's in a rackmount form factor, the body is ultra-lightweight and slim, allowing it to be used anywhere. This is a new generation of rackmount tuner that every guitarist/bassist with professional aspirations should experience.
19-inch rack-mount tuner for guitar/bass
The Pitchblack Pro is a rackmount tuner that's easy to see even from a distance, allowing you to tune confidently. It's ideal not only on stage but also during rehearsals or recording. The crisp lights in your rack will attest to your professionalism.
Large 3D visual meter ensures unprecedented visibility.
The newly-developed tuning meter provides a revolutionary visual effect. In addition to the powerfully illuminated color LEDs that provide unparalleled brightness, the special design with treated acryl allows a three-dimensional view of the light, from the surface of the source all the way into its depths. This means that from any distance or angle, discrepancies or change in pitch will be instantly obvious. The Pitchblack Pro brings the guitarists/bassist a new dimension of tuning experience.
Lightweight, thin, and removable. Also usable outside a rack.
While the previous DTR-1000/DTR-2000 models weighed 1.4 kg, the pitchblack Pro is astoundingly light at 363 g. The depth has also been dramatically reduced from 113 mm to 49 mm, allowing it to be installed in an effect pedalboard. The rackmount adapters on the left and right can be attached or detached at a touch, and can be attached to the bottom of the unit to serve as a stand. The unit can also be used in a variety of situations other than in a rack; you can simply set it in a desired location, or attach it to a floor monitor.
Three meter display modes
There are three display modes available for the large meter.
- Regular Meter mode
- As when using a needle-type meter tuner, tune the string so that the LED in the center of the meter is lit up. The illuminated LED will move to the right if the string is sharp, or toward the left if the string is flat. This process is intuitively easy to grasp.
- Strobe Meter mode
- Tune the string so that the LED meter illumination stops flowing. The meter illumination will flow from left to right if the string is sharp or from right to left if the string is flat.
- Half Strobe Meter mode
- Tune the string so that the LED meter illumination stops flowing and only the center LED is lit up. The right side of the LED meter strobes if the string is sharp; the left side strobes if the string is flat. When the pitch is correct, only the center LED will be lit up.
Cable Checker function warns of broken or shorted cables.
Korg's revolutionary Cable Checker function is built into the Pitchblack Pro; simply connect the two ends of your monaural phone cable to the INPUT 1 jack and the CABLE CHECK jack and the display will tell you whether the cable is broken.
This is a convenient way to avoid problems on stage or in the studio.
Buffered output minimizes any change in audio quality.
The Pitchblack Pro is designed with a buffered output to minimize any change or additional noise in the audio input signal. There's also a Mute function that lets you tune without producing sound from the OUTPUT jack.
The MUTE jack allows a foot switch to turn mute on/off, for convenient tuning between songs during a live performance.
- 19-inch 1U rack-mount tuner for guitar/bass
- Large“3D”visual meter for unprecedented visibility
- Lightweight, thin, removable; not limited to rack installation
- Three meter display modes: regular, strobe, and half-strobe
- Cable Checker warns of broken or shorted cables
- Buffered output minimizes any change in audio quality
- Mute function lets you tune silently
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.