Based on the famous 1073, the Heritage Audio 1084 Microphone Preamplifier and EQ Module for 80 series rack enclosures adds additionally flexibility while preserving the original's legendary tone. The main differences are that this module includes three selectable high shelf frequencies instead of the fixed 12 kHz high shelf of the original 1073. It also features two selectable Qs in the mid band, while the hi Q is the same as in the 1073. Additionally, a five-frequency selectable passive LC low pass filter further expands the utility of the module to a wider range of recording applications.
For example, the low pass filter is useful for sweetening overhead tracks by helping reduce the harsh or brittle quality of hi hats and cymbals. It can also help remove unwanted hiss and noise from bass-heavy tracks where a flat frequency response is required. By combining the high and low pass filter, special effects can be achieved such as telephone, radio, and TV sounds that have an analog warmth which is not possible just by using plugins.
The Lo Q option in the mid band makes heavy boosting sound natural and reduces the processing requirements for a particular sound.
- 80 dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics
- 10 dB Class A Line Amplifier, Bridging input impedance, balanced and floating
- Class A, single ended, 2N3055 driven high headroom output stage
- High Frequency: +/-16 dB shelving at either 10, 12 or 16 kHz, Baxandall type
- Low Frequency: +/-16 dB with selectable frequency shelving of 35, 60, 110 & 220 Hz, Baxandall type
- Mid Frequency: Choice of 2 different 'Q' values with either +/-18 dB or +/-16 dB peaking, selectable center frequencies of 0.36, 0.7, 1.6, 3.2, 4.8, and 7.2 kHz , dual inductor based
- High Pass Filter: 18 dB per octave slope, switchable between 45, 70, 160 & 360 Hz, inductor based
- Low Pass Filter: 18 dB per octave slope, switchable between 6, 8, 10, 14 and 18 kHz, inductor based
- EQ Button: Switches the equalizer on or off
- Phase Button: Flips phase 180º
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.